Last Updated: July 23, 2021
Modification of These Terms
Personal Information that We Collect
When you use our Services by, among other actions, creating an account, subscribing to our newsletter, browsing our Site, or otherwise interacting with our Services, we gather personal information. This information is necessary for delivering you the Services or enhancing your customer experience.
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Several types of personal information can be are gathered when you interact with the Services. Examples of such personal information include your name, email address, demographic data (such as age, gender, zip code) and interests, other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Collection of Personal Information
Our service providers and we collect personal information in a variety of ways, including when you:
Use the Services;
- Sign up to receive emails, newsletters, or other communications;
- Participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions offered via the Services;
- Request customer service or further assistance;
Use of Personal Information
We collect, use or otherwise process personal information as allowed under applicable law, including where based on one or more of the following:
- The performance of the contract we have with you;
- The legitimate interests of mayrika.com, a third party, or yourself. “Legitimate interest” is a technical term under the regulation. It means that there are good reasons for processing your personal information, and measures are taken to minimize the impact on your privacy rights and interests. “Legitimate interest” also references our use of your data in ways you would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal information, for example: (1) to ensure that our networks and information are secure, (2) to administer and generally conduct business within mayrika.com, and (3) to prevent fraud;
- The compliance of a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- The consent you provide to us at the point of collection of your personal information.
We use personal information to:
- Provide you with content and services that you request or that we think is relevant to you;
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies;
- Send you newsletters and emails;
- Provide you with advertising, including advertising based on your activity on our Services or activity on third-party sites and applications;
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations;
We may aggregate and/or anonymize personal information to no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information collected from you to our parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
We provide personal information collected from you to companies that provide support services to us or perform functions on our behalf, such as marketing, analytics, and providing customer service. These companies may need personal information to perform their functions.
Collection of Other Information
Through your browser or device:
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your devices, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
Using cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies:
As noted above, we collect and store your device’s source IP address. Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider. An IP address discloses the general location (i.e., city, state, country, and continent) of your device when you access the Services.
Unless we specifically request it (for example, in connection with a particular survey), we ask that you not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us. Any requested information that includes sensitive information about health, political opinions, ethnicity, race, religion, sex life, or sexual orientation can be unanswered.
We use reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information. However, no data storage system or transmission method can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information (including personal information) that we obtain. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us following the “Contact Us” section.
If you do not want to receive promotional emails from us, you can opt-out at any time by sending a request to [email protected]
How Can You Access, Change Or Delete Your Personal Information?
If you would like to request to review, correct, restrict or delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, object to the processing of personal information, or request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us through this form.
We may work with third-party advertising companies that may utilize web beacons, cookies, pixel tags, or other similar technologies to provide better advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services. These companies do not have access to your name, address, email address, telephone number, or additional Personal Information from us. They may, however, anonymously track your Internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond the Services. To learn more, visit the Network Advertising Initiative.
Use of Services By Children
The Services is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children except as permitted by applicable law.
If you are a resident of California, USA, under 18 years old and a registered user of the Services, please see above “How You Can Access, Change or Delete Your Personal Information?”